Best Quicksilver skin yet!!
Many thanks to OP for his contributions (which I’ve enhanced some more 🙂 )
Clicking on the Save Car Location button saves 4 clicks…
and takes you right to this screen…
Click on Coordinates, then Done, and your Car’s present parked location is in memory.
To locate your parked car…
No stylus required with this skin!!
QuickSilver CarLocator ~ Version 1.48
- Fixed and repositioned the Stop Recording Track Log button on the map screen that resulted in an error – ameridan
- Revised tepsi.bmp file so that Navigation bar buttons work properly – ameridan
- Right third of Navigation bar changed from Speak Last Command to Large Target Street font – OP
- Middle third of Navigation bar remains as Speak Last Command – ameridan
- Left third of Navigation bar no longer serves as shortcut to Route screen – ameridan
- Digital font used for Clock, Speed, and Altimeter – OP and ameridan
- Set FavPOI script written to choose MyPOI group as favorite – OP
- Cursor button text changes from “Cursor” to “Close” when menu bar is opened – ameridan
- Back button changed from small pale green arrow to larger yellow arrow – ameridan
- Added “Clear Pins” button to History screen, and changed Clear button text to “Clear All” – ameridan
- Cockpit screen & Map screen menu bars – back button changed from down arrow to left arrow – ameridan
- Settings button added for quick access to Cockpit Settings – ameridan
- Display/hide toggle button in Cockpit settings menu (in place of zoombar display/hide) for both FavPOI and Cockpit Settings buttons – ameridan
- Added toggle option in Cockpit settings for auto day/nite in double-button with manual toggle – ameridan
- Added toggle option for Cursor menu popup in double-button with Info show/hide toggle – OP and ameridan
- Added track recording start/stop button in double-button with Manage track logs button – also serves as large indicator that track logs are RECORDING. – ameridan
This skin by default names the two favorites Home and Car, and the main screen has a new button to program your current location and assigns it to Car, the intent being that it will facilitate finding your Car later.
This is a skin alternative, not an Unlock package, and can be used as a new skin without unlocking – just don’t use the Exit button.
To avoid a lot of confusion when doing Route preplanning, stay in the Browse Map mode (with Auto-Recalculation turned off), since Cockpit mode is always focused on your current location and will appear to be ignoring your route.
QuickSilver Reborn – A MioMap 3.3 Skin
Created By Ashwin Wavde
Inspired by Quicksilver for MioMap 3.2 by Matt Mullins (roscoe)
QuickSilver Reborn 1.0
* QuickSilver 1.0 for MioMap 3.2 modded for MioMap 3.3
* Added Cockpit Bar transparency
* Fixed turn distance guide visibility
* Various other improvements
QuickSilver Reborn 1.1
Compiled 2:56 PM 4/08/2007
*Adding compatability for split-screen data.zip
QuickSilver Reborn 1.3
*Added simple static car over arrow
Quicksilver ’66 for C230
*Icons redone by CD
*GTO car over cockpit arrow – CD
*added toggle buttons cockpit view <-> browse map view – CD
*config folder fixed for C230 (roundabouts weren’t being announced) – ameridan
Quicksilver CarLocator for C230 1.45
Compiled 6:00 PM 2/15/2008
*2nd favorite tailored to Car location, rather than Work – ameridan
*All Favorite icons redone – ameridan
*New shortcut button on Main Screen to input location coordinates of parked car – ameridan
Quicksilver CarLocator for C230 1.46
Compiled 7:30 PM 2/27/2008
*added the the Binocular (Fit Route view on screen) and Route calculator (Recalculate toggling method each time) from the Olivercp Skin to the Browse Map screen – OP
*added POI button to cockpit screen – OP
*redid POI button to match others – ameridan
Quicksilver CarLocator 1.47
Compiled 12:00 PM 3/6/2008 – ameridan
*toggle for displaying POI button added to Map Settings – OP
*redid flyover button – ameridan
*added pin/unpin button to browse_map cursor popup – ameridan
- \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap2\DATA.ZIP, if C230 is unlocked
- \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap\DATA.ZIP, if C230 is locked
After installing DATA.ZIP, you should set a Favorite POI group before clicking on the FavPOI button on the Cockpit screen or you may get a fatal error that ends the program and requires you to start it up again.
As an option to try out Dominique’s Skins trick in an unlocked C230, copy the “SKIN” folder from the Version 1.46 download into \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap2 (or the contents of DATA.ZIP within should be added into \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap2\SKIN\DATA.ZIP). See the Blog on Version 1.46 for more on this.