Increasing Samantha’s TTS volume
I know, we normally don’t ask the ladies to be louder , but when you are on the highway in a vehicle that doesn’t qualify as “Luxury Class”, or perhaps you’ve adaped your Mio C230 for motorcycle cruises, Samantha could be a little louder. This blog will hopefully remedy that issue for you. In fact, I found myself turning down the Master Volume from 100% down to about 80% for normal usage, which just about returns the voice command volume to where it was before the change. Now, however you will have an additional 6dB of volume in reserve, which equates to two times (2x) louder than normal! That’s worth another cup of coffee you say? I agree….
You can edit the lines in your commands.csv* to boost Samantha’s speech volume to 100 (100%, which is the loudest value you can use), since the default value of the volume is 80 (80%). If there are certain expressions that are too loud or bothersome (recalculating comes to mind), as you are normally not at highway speeds when they are announced, you might edit those expression(s) to a lesser value.
* located here in your Unlocked C230:
- \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap2\Voice\v_tts_nu_eng_us_f2.zip\config\commands.csv
- can be edited with Excel by adding \vol=100\ as shown in this example:
,”100[then2,X=1]*turn_next_then_turn_next “,”\vol=100\ \pause=50\ …
- or you can download my commands.csv that has already been modified to replace your file (after making a backup copy of course) by using WinRar or WinZip to compress it into the v_tts_nu_eng_us_f2.zip\config\ folder.
- A big thank you to tweakradje for sharing this with the Mio community.